Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Me: An Introduction

So, me.

It all feels rather narcissistic, writing a journal all about myself for the world to see. Or, well, at least the idiots who stumble across it to see. These idiots may or may not include my older sister, Nikki, my younger brother, Milo, and my best friend in the world, Rose.

So, a brief introduction: My name is Celeste McLachlan -- Celie (that's "SEE-lee," not "selly") if you're friendly -- and I live in the general rural area north of Baltimore, Maryland (can't get much more specific than that; internet stalkers and all). I just graduated high school this spring and, after a hiatus, I plan on going to the local community college (that is, unless something else amazing pops up :P) with a major in the Performing Arts. I love theatre (duh), film, reading, music, and dance. My other interests include history, psychology, urban legends, and folklore.

I'm not sure what I'll be writing on this blog. Experiences of daily life, I guess. Right now, I'm working as a freelance journalist for a local newssite. It doesn't pay much, but it's a job and I can save a bit of each paycheck to go toward tuition for when I start college; I've got a bit saved up already. I found my love of journalism in high school, when I took classes in it with one of the best teachers I've ever had, bar none.

I know I probably won't be putting any emo hate-my-life stuff in here. I'm past that phase, thanks. :P In fact, I don't really like writing about me at all...

So, Rose.

I've known Rose since I moved here from New Jersey six years ago, and she's pretty much my hetero-soulmate. As a matter of fact, I'll probably be writing about her more than I write about me here, just because (as I mentioned) I'm not so hot on writing about me and after all, she is my best friend. Rose stands at about 5'5" (giving her about a head on me) and she's always changing her hair. Nothing crazy, since she wants to go into PR and administrative work; instead, she constantly changes from mousy brown to light blond to ginger (the latter she usually does to match me).

She has more energy than anyone else I know, and we have matching attitudes toward just about everything: boys, jobs, work ethic. All of it. She's going to college right now nearby, and encouraging me to just get it over with as well. I'm weighing my options, myself.

Well, that's all for now, I guess. I'll keep this updated as days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment