Thursday, September 9, 2010

Worst. Story Assignment. Ever.

I know I said I’d post tomorrow, but I feel like I really need to let some stuff out.

As it turns out, the article I’d written was just fine, and I got a new assignment. It’s a little darker than most of the other assignments I’ve gotten (then again, I suppose most things are darker than a new eco-friendly roof on an elementary school). A police report says that five kids have gone missing in our area, and I’m supposed to be writing a preliminary story and then following it as it develops.

My editor knows I get especially touchy when things happen to kids. He’s doing this because he hates me, I know he is. Anyway, I told Rose about it, and she didn’t disappoint in her recent flow of behaving strangely—she said she had an early class, and she really needed to get to bed or else she’d have trouble waking up in the morning. Okay, that itself isn’t weird.

But Rose doesn’t have a class tomorrow.

Anyway, this story. It’s got me on edge and I haven’t even started it yet. My interview with Wawa is tomorrow (because a third job is totally what I need right now -.-‘) in the morning, and then I’m headed over to the sheriff’s office to get the details and a comment, and at the end of the day, it’s over to Rose’s for PBT (I have a feeling I’m going to need it), where I can ask her about the class-but-no-class shit. Wish me luck, O nonexistent readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment